Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gypsies




I often heard that gypsies are either great musicians or great thieves. That's quite an interesting stereotype. I know that gypsies are excellent musicians who can play their instruments for hours. Typically, they also drink heavily while playing which actually improves the quality of their performance. Luckily for me, I never crossed paths with thieving gypsies, so I have nothing to say in their regard. However, I often came across a gypsy with a horse drawn cart who sold fruit near my neighborhood. He was a bit timid and humble, sold quality fresh fruit and his horse drawn cart was much more creative than any typical European fruit stand. His prices were a a bit higher than a grocery store, but like a nice restaurant, you pay for the ambiance and the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment